Do I need an appointment for an estimate?

No, but by calling and scheduling an appointment, we can be sure to minimize your wait time.

What is paintless dent removal?

Paintless dent removal (PDR) is the process of removing dents, dings, creases, and hail damage from vehicles without affecting the original paint finish. PDR is much quicker and less expensive than traditional repair methods.

How do I set up an insurance claim?

To first begin the claims process, you will need to contact your insurance company and report the accident, mentioning that Dabler Auto Body will do the repairs. Contact us directly and our customer service representatives will guide you through the process. We are a direct repair facility with most insurance companies. This means we can make the process simple and convenient for you.

How long will the repairs to my vehicle take?

Quality repairs begin with a detailed written estimate. Our trained estimators make a practice of anticipating problems before they arise. However, damage is often hidden and cannot be discovered until your vehicle has been disassembled. If this happens, your vehicle’s completion date may need to be revised. We will keep you informed throughout the repair process, and we assure you we will return your vehicle to you as quickly as possible.

Are there any precautions or tips that I should follow on a newly painted vehicle?

• Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds.
– Bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface.
– Also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.

• Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface. Scrapers can act like a paint scraper on a newly painted finish.

• Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.

• Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.

How will I know when my car’s repairs are finished?

Dabler Auto Body will contact you via your method of choice when your vehicle is ready for pickup.

What about a rental car?

We have a fleet of rental cars available here at the shop.  Also check with your agent or insurance company to see how much of the rental is covered; some policies pay the full amount, some will only pay a percentage. If the claim is a liability claim (the accident was not your fault), the full amount will be covered.

What is subrogation?

Subrogation is the process by which your insurance company pays for the repairs to your vehicle, and is obligated to collect from another insurer or party. Your collision coverage will require you to pay your deductible, which may be refunded once the other party pays.

Who do I pay my deductible to?

The deductible will be due at the time that you pick up your vehicle from our shop. You will pay Dabler Auto Body your deductible costs.

My insurance says that my vehicle is a total loss, or has been ‘totaled’, what does this mean?

This means that the costs to repair the vehicle to the state before the accident is more than the actual value (ACV) of the car before the accident occurred. If you feel the ACV offered by the insurance company is too low, then you are obligated to prove this either through documented receipts of vehicle enhancement or written statements by qualified experts to determine the proper value.

Who determines the ACV of my vehicle, and is it negotiable?

The insurance company assigns an appraiser to value the car based on what the vehicle’s value would have been prior to the accident.  Sometimes the appraiser will consult the repair shop on determining values.

What happens to my vehicle after it has been deemed a total loss?

You have the right to retain ownership of the vehicle, but the amount of the settlement may be reduced by the salvage value.  If y0u do not request to retain ownership, then the insurance company will sell it to highest bidder.

Is there a warranty for the repairs to my car?

Your vehicle’s repairs will be backed by a LIFETIME warranty on parts and labor.


Oregon State Accident Report

Oregon AAA



Hollie Vanek – Farmers Insurance Agent in Salem, OR